- Casey choosing to come hang out with me on my birthday weekend.
- Bundt cake.
- Birthday decor brought in all the way from Texas.
- A breakfast bar filled with cards and notes from sweet family and friends.
- Being showered with thoughtful birthday presents from Casey...
- ...and then even more from my husband.
- Receiving gifts I never asked for from those who know me best that end up being perfect for me.
- Semi-private pedicure for me and Casey.
- Getting dressed up.
- A girls' dinner with no time constraint.
- Early morning coffee and conversation.
- Getting to see my brother for a quick fifteen minutes in the airport thanks to a layover.
- Spending the rest of my birthday with our little family of three.
- An uninterrupted nap for me.
- Flowers and cake from co-workers
- Being treated to a work day birthday lunch by Jen...
- ...and a home-cooked birthday meal by family.
- Both of us going to bed by 9:30 two nights in a row.
- Being surprised by students' creativity.
- Work-related laughs in the office.
- The good, old-fashioned humor of Duck Dynasty.
Week Thirty-Two: 21 graces.
August 16, 2013